K. VAN DE VEN

 
 

The Chateau Huinhoven was built in 1860 after the design of master builder Trappeniers and by order of « the ‘green’ doctor of Vilvoorde », Carolus César Rayé, a known physician who had specialized in homeopathy.

During the 20th century the Chateau became the property of successively the Ribaucourt, the Van Rossum and the Van de Ven family. The Chateau always kept its housing facilities. The latter family had the building restored thoroughly and added a part on the left side.


Today, the property has a surface of 3ha 81a.

The Chateau consists in a rectangular construction with four solid squared towers and a fine round spire. The recent restorations were led by architect Couwenberg from Lier.
 

The name « Château d’Huyenoven » still figures above the entrance door. Huyenoven refers to an area in Perk around the ‘Drietorenhof’, also known as ‘Oudenhove’ (as opposed to ‘Nieuwenhove’ or the so called ‘Laathof’).


The current owners use the Chateau partially as an Art Gallery. They sell 17th, 18th and 19th century European paintings, sculptures, porcelain and furniture.

 


Contact details:


Art Gallery

K.VAN DE VEN

Château d’Huyenoven


Drie Kastelenstraat 60

1800 Vilvoorde (Peutie)

Belgium, Europe


Tel. & fax: +32 2 751 55 55

Mobile: +32 475 24 18 00

e-mail: info@kvandeven.be


Château d’Huyenoven